Monday 17 October 2011

Dress 2 of the Plain Pattern project.

Here is dress 2 of the Plain Pattern Project.
 The fabric is an embroidared crepe backed satin. It is actually mint green, but my camera has made it look silver.
The changes I made to this version is I made it longer, I made a belt and this time I did not add the large pointed sleeve cuffs, I also used over 14 metres of white satin binding. Instead of the buttons I used 7 white frog closures, as they seemed more appropriate to the fabric choice.

Here is a close up of the embroidary
This time round I think I got the understanding of the lap technique for the interfacing right, (well I hope so) and the only issue I had was trying to iron the seams flat

Here is a shot of the back neck detail which mirrors the pointed collar.
 
I wore this dress to my nephews' wedding and felt fabulous all night.
The plain pattern project is held by new vintage lady and I bought the pattern
Butterick 6747 dated 1953 from Tina at what-i-found

Have a fantasic week everyone, Sew Vala

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...